Deirdre Michelle Berthrong was a actress, She was born on September 25, 1952.
Deirdre is better known for her work on Carrie, co-starring in James at 15, and she has co-produced the 1993 TV Movie: Born Too Soon. She makes an appearance in an episode from The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries (Episode: The Flickering Torch Mystery)
She was born in Brooklyn, New York City, United States, of German descent. One of her first movie roles was Carrie, were she was famous for her short petite body, and her nude scene in the shower at the beginning, with Cindy Daly, who portrayed Rhonda's sister, Cora.
This scene had attracted multiple media attention due to her body, although Deirdre promised to herself she would never pose nude again. She was given the role of Kathy Hunter, having grown longer hair out of shame for her nudity in Carrie.
- Deirdre is married to actor Dennis Redfield, A retired actor that appeared in Born Too Soon (The movie that Deirdre co-produced)
- Her acting career was short-lived (Only two years; 1976-1978). She attempted to restart her acting career in the 1990's, starting with co-producing Born Too Soon. She was on hiatus due to health problems, and eventually dropped the plan altogether in 2006.
- She was the half-sister of Dina Lohan, the Mother of Lindsay Lohan
- She was the shortest of the main cast, standing 5 ft 2 in
- She Cindy Daly and Betty Buckley all starred in Eight is Enough